January – March 2020
Location: St. Aidan (Peter & Paul Room in Parish Center)
505 Willis Ave, Williston Park, NY 11596
When: Wednesdays, January 22, 29; February 5, and 12, 2020
from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Instructor: Mary Alice Piil, CSJ.
Cost: $40.00 per person
This is a Level I Course. Advanced registration is required.
A foundation for understanding the general principles of the Order of Christian Funerals. For the development and training of teams of lay ministers so they may provide the parish with a ministry
of consolation. Also ideal for new volunteers in existing ministry, this course will instruct on the methods of outreach to families at the time of death of a loved one.
Upcoming Bereavement Support Program
Offered at St. Mary, East Islip
Support Groups are opened to anyone who has suffered a loss at least three months prior to the start of the group. Thee is no cost but a commitment to attend each meeting throughout the program is required. Groups are offered in a closed and confidential setting with highly trained facilitators and limited to 15 people.
Eight Week Group beginning Tuesday evenings at 7pm
March 10th through April 28th 2020
Pre registration is required
Call 631-581-4266 Ext 101 to register
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Facilitator training builds on the foundation for understanding the general principles of Bereavement Ministry.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]This course will instruct on:
- Self-Awareness of Dying and Death Attitudes and the Catholic Faith Experience
- Overview of The Bereavement Process and Types of Grief
- Viewing Grief from A Life-Span Perspectiye (adolescence through old-age)
- Communication Skills Needed for Facilitators (understanding the Feedback Loop)
- Establishing a Parish-Based Bereavement Group (closed group model)
- Utilizing Journaling, Reflections, Prayer, and Guided Imagery Within the Group Process
- Addressing Grief Within the Family Structure (children, adolescents, parents, etc.)
- Enhancing Self-Identity and Overcoming Loss (goals-based model of help)
- Practicum: Setting Up Your Parish Bereavement Support Group
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]The goal of this training is to prepare volunteer
facilitators to deliver bereavement support groups
within their parish setting.
Dates: Saturday, March 28; April 4, 18, 25; May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; and June 6, 2020
Attendance is required all sessions.
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Location: St. Mary’s (White House Conference Room), 20 Harrison Ave, East Islip, NY 11730
Instructor: Dr. Chris Hayes and Margaret Peterson
Cost: $80.00 per person
Advanced Registration is required.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]