October 22, 2020
Training Of Volunteers In The Ministry To The Sick
505 Willis Ave
Williston Park,NY 11596
Course topics will include:
- Understanding the meaning of being called
- Discerning the call
- Understanding the theology of ministry to the sick and the ministry of accompaniment
- Developing the skills to serve
- Understanding the sacramental nature of visiting the sick
- Understanding the unique roles of parish and hospital ministry
- Integrating the theory and practice of the ministry to the sick
Dates and Locations:
November 12th, 14th, 26th and 29th 2018
St. Aidan’s Parish
505 Willis Ave, Williston Park, NY 11596
Monsignor Kirwin Hall, lower school
Entrance is on Pembroke Street (side street)
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Parking is available on the street as well as the lot across from Church
Saturday, December 1st 2018
St. Francis Hospital
100 Port Washington Blvd, Roslyn, NY 11576
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- James Spencer, Senior Vice President for Mission and Ministry CHSLI
- Caterina Mako, System Director of Pastoral Care and Education
Cost: $40 per person
Attendance required at all sessions
All appropriate candidates are encouraged to apply for this ministry.
Appropriate candidates unable to pay the tuition will be granted scholarships.