February 22, 2020
Bereavement Facilitator Training Level I & II – Levittown
3100 Hempstead Turnpike
Facilitator training builds on the foundation for understanding the general principles of Bereavement Ministry.
This course will instruct on:
- Self-Awareness of Dying and Death Attitudes and the Catholic Faith Experience
- Overview of The Bereavement Process and Types of Grief
- Viewing Grief from A Life-Span Perspectiye (adolescence through old-age)
- Communication Skills Needed for Facilitators (understanding the Feedback Loop)
- Establishing a Parish-Based Bereavement Group (closed group model)
- Utilizing Journaling, Reflections, Prayer, and Guided Imagery Within the Group Process
- Addressing Grief Within the Family Structure (children, adolescents, parents, etc.)
- Enhancing Self-Identity and Overcoming Loss (goals-based model of help)
- Practicum: Setting Up Your Parish Bereavement Support Group
The goal of this training is to prepare volunteer
facilitators to deliver bereavement support groups
within their parish setting.
Dates: Saturday, March 28; April 4, 18, 25; May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; and June 6, 2020
Attendance is required all sessions.
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Location: St. Bernard
3100 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown, NY 11756
Instructor: Dr. Luciano Sabatini and Dr. Patricia Woods
Cost: $80.00 per person
Advanced Registration is required.