May 25, 2018
Training Of Volunteers In The Ministry To The Sick
80 Hicksville Rd
Course topics will include:
- Understanding the meaning of being called
- Discerning the call
- Understanding the theology of ministry to the sick and the ministry of accompaniment
- Developing the skills to serve
Dates and Locations:
Saturday, June 9th and June 16th
St. James Parish
80 Hicksville Rd, Seaford, NY 11783
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 30th
St. Joseph Hospital
4295 Hempstead Turnpike, Bethpage, NY 11714
Conference Room 2, lower level
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Attendance required at all sessions
- Understanding the sacramental nature of visiting the sick
- Understanding the unique roles of parish and hospital ministry
- Integrating the theory and practice of the ministry to the sick
- James Spencer, Senior Vice President for Mission and Ministry CHSLI
- Caterina Mako, System Director of Pastoral Care and Education
Cost: $40 per person
All appropriate candidates are encouraged to apply for this ministry.
Appropriate candidates unable to pay the tuition will be granted scholarships.