May 26, 2017
Training Of Volunteers In The Ministry To The Sick
Course topics will include:
- Understanding the meaning of being called
- Discerning the call
- Understanding the theology of ministry to the sick and the ministry of accompaniment
- Developing the skills to serve
Mercy Medical Center, 1000 North Village Avenue, Rockville Centre, NY 11571
Saturdays, May 13th, May 20th, and June 10, 2017
Each session 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Attendance required at all sessions
- Understanding the sacramental nature of visiting the sick
- Understanding the unique roles of parish and hospital ministry
- Integrating the theory and practice of the ministry to the sick
- James Spencer, Senior Vice President for Mission and Ministry CHSLI
- Caterina Mako, System Director of Pastoral Care and Education
Cost: $40 per person
All appropriate candidates are encouraged to apply for this ministry.
Appropriate candidates unable to pay the tuition will be granted scholarships.