June 27, 2019
Training Of Volunteers In The Ministry To The Sick
1309 Wantagh Ave
Course topics will include:
- Understanding the meaning of being called
- Discerning the call
- Understanding the theology of ministry to the sick and the ministry of accompaniment
- Developing the skills to serve
- Understanding the sacramental nature of visiting the sick
- Understanding the unique roles of parish and hospital ministry
- Integrating the theory and practice of the ministry to the sick
Eucharistic Minister Training Part B
Dates and Locations:
St. Frances de Chantal, Wantagh
1309 Wantagh Ave, Wantagh, NY 11793
Saturdays, June 8 and 15 , 2019
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
St. Joseph Hospital, Bethpage
4295 Hempstead Turnpike, Bethpage, NY 11714
Saturday, June 29, 2019
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- James Spencer, Senior Vice President for Mission and Ministry CHSLI
- Joseph Walters, Director of Pastoral Care at Mercy Medical Center and St. Joseph Hospital
- Fr. Emmanuel Otiaba, Chaplain at St. Joseph Hospital
Cost: $40 per person
Attendance required at all 3 sessions
All appropriate candidates are encouraged to apply for this ministry.
Appropriate candidates unable to pay the tuition will be granted scholarships.