January 23, 2019
Training Of Volunteers In The Ministry To The Sick
9 Clinton Ave
Course topics will include:
- Understanding the meaning of being called
- Discerning the call
- Understanding the theology of ministry to the sick and the ministry of accompaniment
- Developing the skills to serve
- Understanding the sacramental nature of visiting the sick
- Understanding the unique roles of parish and hospital ministry
- Integrating the theory and practice of the ministry to the sick
Dates and Locations:
St. Patrick’s Parish, Bay Shore (Msgr. Purick Hall)
9 Clinton Ave, Bay Shore, NY 11706
Wednesday March 6, 13, 20, and 27, 2019
7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Our Lady of Consolation Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, West Islip
111 Beach Dr, West Islip, NY 11795
Saturday April 6, 2019
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- James Spencer, Senior Vice President for Mission and Ministry CHSLI
- Caterina Mako, System Director of Pastoral Care and Education
Cost: $40 per person
Attendance required at all sessions
All appropriate candidates are encouraged to apply for this ministry.
Appropriate candidates unable to pay the tuition will be granted scholarships.