August 16, 2018
Bereavement Facilitator Ministry Training: Setauket
Setauket- East Setauket,NY 11733
Facilitator training builds on the foundation for understanding the general principles of Bereavement Ministry.
This course will instruct on:
- Self-Awareness of Dying and Death Attitudes and the Catholic Faith Experience
- Overview of The Bereavement Process and Types of Grief
- Viewing Grief from A Life-Span Perspective (adolescence through old-age)
- Communication Skills Needed for Facilitators (understanding the Feedback Loop)
- Establishing a Parish-Based Bereavement Group (closed group model)
- Utilizing Journaling, Reflections, Prayer, and Guided Imagery Within the Group Process
- Addressing Grief Within the Family Structure (children, adolescents, parents, etc.)
- Enhancing Self-Identity and Overcoming Loss (goals-based model of help)
- Practicum: Setting Up Your Parish Bereavement Support Group
St James Parish, Parish Center, Room 104
429 Route 25A
Setauket, NY 11733
Dates and Times:
Saturdays, March, 24 and April 7, 2018
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 14, 2018
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Attendance is required at all sessions.
Presenter: Dr. Chris Hayes
Cost: $60.00 per person
Please bring a brown bag lunch with a refreshment.
Advanced registration required.
Please fill out the form below to register or download the flyer.
The goal of this training is to prepare volunteer facilitators to deliver bereavement support groups within their parish setting.