March 20, 2018
Bereavement Facilitator Training – Manorville
781 Wading River Rd
Facilitator training builds on the foundation for understanding the general principles of Bereavement Ministry.
This course will instruct on:
- Self-Awareness of Dying and Death Attitudes and the Catholic Faith Experience
- Overview of The Bereavement Process and Types of Grief
- Viewing Grief from A Life-Span Perspectiye (adolescence through old-age)
- Communication Skills Needed for Facilitators (understanding the Feedback Loop)
- Establishing a Parish-Based Bereavement Group (closed group model)
- Utilizing Journaling, Reflections, Prayer, and Guided Imagery Within the Group Process
- Addressing Grief Within the Family Structure (children, adolescents, parents, etc.)
- Enhancing Self-Identity and Overcoming Loss (goals-based model of help)
- Practicum: Setting Up Your Parish Bereavement Support Group
The goal of this training is to prepare volunteer facilitators to deliver bereavement support groups within
their parish setting.
Day/Dates: Saturdays, November 4, 18 at 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Saturday, December 2 at 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Attendance is required all sessions.
Instructor: Dr. Chris Hayes
Location: Sts. Peter & Paul Parish, 781 Wading River Rd, Manorville, NY 11949
Cost: $60.00 per person
Please bring a brown bag lunch with a refreshment.
Advanced Registration is required.